HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 1 pin site vs. multiple pin site
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 02:40 PM
BigJ71
Site Bouncer

Default RE: 1 pin site vs. multiple pin site

I still use a three pin. I guess old habits die hard. To me there is no guess work at all. I have mine set at 20 30 40. For shots that I know are at say...25yds I simply put the kill zone between my 20 and 30yrd pins same goes for a 35yrd shot. So by having three pins (and not 5) I have 5 ranges already set and only three pins so my sight is not cluttered and I have no trouble seeing the animal. I don't have to go out and get a super fast bow nor do I have to worry about moving my sight.

If you don't have a fast bow or if you shoot heavy arrows then you may find yourself having to hold over on longer shots, but how much? This is why I like multiple pin sights. With multiple pin sights I have even learned toguage adistance ofan animal by how much between the pins it's torsotakes up. Something you can't do with a single pin set up. This is all just my opinion though, I think if you practice enough with any type of sight you will be comfortable with it and that's half the battle. For me, I like to keep it simple.