HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How old is too old?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 12:48 AM
Rich Baker
Typical Buck

Default RE: How old is too old?

Ran into a guy last year sitting off the edge of a elk trail not mor than 500 yards from a road. Stopped to talk to him. He was 83 years old and he was bow hunting. He just sat in a lawn chair with a camo coat on and a blue base ball cap and blue jeans. he was by himself , I told the old timer that I had parked about 1000 yards away in a turn out," He knew where I was talking" I told the old boy if he needed anything to leave a note on the Gmc and we'd give him a hand. Well about 10 hours later we got back to the truck and the old boy had a nice cow elk down and wondered if we could pack it out. We did and helped him load it into his camper. I got his phone number and I had planned on letting him hunt out of our camp this year So we could keep an eye on him. well I talked with him about three weeks before season and he said he would meet us up there. he never showed. got home and called his house and talked to a lady who told me of him passing on to the big hunt in the sky. Thats how I'll be