HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 1 pin site vs. multiple pin site
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 11:57 AM
WindsorArcher

Default RE: 1 pin site vs. multiple pin site

I shoot one pins exclusively. I started out with a three pin. It was nice, but for a shot longer than 25 yards (it wasn't much of a bow!), aiming was nothing but guessing. When it comes to shooting, I'd rather not guess. So, I'd say that fixed pins don't "take adjustment out of your shot", but rather put it into the shot. As soon as I tried an adjustable one pin, I was sold - I'll never go back. I'd rather shoot instinctive!

Now, for hunting, it won't make too much difference, unless you're hunting the plains and you're taking long, long shots. I find most of my hunting shots are 25 yards or less, and my bow is very flat out to about this distance. So, I lock my adjustable on 20 yards and leave it there for the season. Of course, if I need to take a longer shot, I can adjust it. Remember, archery is getting as far from your target as possible and still hitting the target; bow hunting is getting as close to your target as possible before making a killing shot.

I'm still using an old Sightmaster Elite 2000. It's a good, affordable one pin, but it's way too dim. I wouldn't reccomend it. I'm looking to upgrade to a good HHA next year. There's lots of good brands out there. I'm sure if you do a search on here, you'll find lots of opinions.