HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Nocturnal Deer!!?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 10:17 AM
antlergetter

Default Nocturnal Deer!!?

A few weeks ago I started scouting an area that had always produced big deer for me in the past. I found alot of good sign in there and hung some cameras. While doctoring a scrape and hanging a camera a brute buck came haulin @ss right past me at about 8:30 am. This area is on a "bench" running below a ridgeline there are several trails running along the hillside with acorns spreading everywhere. All trails run into one main trial that stretches from one side of the ridge and all the way around the other side. Needless to say this camera got the most pictures of deer and 3 good bucksbut every single deer pic buck or doe was at night!! And the only deer that actually came into the scrape and sniffed around were does. This seems wierd to me. Within 3 days I had 15 different deer pics and all the bucks were just strolling by, but the doesactually came into the scrape. I have never seen this before and am alittle confussed. How do I hunt this kind of behavior?? I have a dripper for the scrape, but will that be enough??