HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - got my first VA buck!
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 06:27 AM
Legacy357

Default got my first VA buck!

Last week, I got permission to hunt a small piece of property that is loaded with deer. I posted about hunting along streams topic and picked the perfect place for a stand. The weatherwas pretty warm....about 75 degrees or so but its a little cooler down by the stream. i leave work early, get showered and descented and head for my stand at 3:00pm. Around 4 or so, some does started to feed directly behind me on the hill but i couldn't get a shot at any of them. Finally around 5 or so, i look across the field and i see this guy headed up and away from me at 180 yards. He walked out of my sight so i decided to hit the rattling horns. I could not see that i had turned him and he was headed directly across the field toward my stand. When he was about thirty yards out, i finally saw him and knew he was a shooter. i took aim and let her fly. I smoked this deer! it ran about 50 yards, crashing and falling around the way. He did the geunine jump and kick for the double lung. He is a brute.....8 point with a little point so i called him a 9. When i took him to get butchered, the guy skinned it right there and there were holes in his neck from fighting. His tenderlions were huge too and made a perfect dinner