HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - odd happenings in the stand
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 04:54 PM
Deerslayer_37

Default RE: odd happenings in the stand

i've had owls swoop in on me before, twice actually in the same stand. they like to perch in the tree i have my stand it, they just kinda come outta nowhere. the one that takes the cake though didnt happen to me.

i was going over friday nite on the gravel driveway thats a mile long to our gate to our land in iowa to do some shining and some howling to locate some coyotes for the next mornings hunt. i saw headlights coming towards me so i pulled off the the side and rolled down my window. it was a guy that bowhunts our land, and we just started talking and comparing notes and i told him some of the pictures of bucks i had. when i said i had a dandy pictured near a stand, he said, "well, you're probably going to think im full of it, and dan(another guy bowhunting there) does, but i'll tell you anyway" turns out he was sitting and he saw movement. he got his bow ready, and then he thought it was a coyote or fawn deer. it stepped into a shooting lane, and here the damn thing was a goat with a yellow tag in its ear. like 2 miles from the nearest farm to boot. he said it went through quickly and came back through soon after. if i see it during shotgun season, that boy is getting to take a ride in the pick up truck