HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - venison tenderloin
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 11:39 PM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: venison tenderloin

I butterfly by t-loin into steaks. If grilling I make them 3/4" thick, if frying 1/2" thick. (being butterflied I actually cut the grill ones 1.5" and fryer one 1" thick. so once I butterfly they reach the above thickness). This can be done prior to packaging or upon preparing.

If grilling; merinade for a few hours min upto overnight in the following:
1 cup of Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon of white rum
6-8 Cloves of chopped Garlic
1/2 small minced onion
2 Tablespoons of Maple syrup
2 Table spoons of Soya Sauce
1 Table spoon of Garlic Pepper or Montreal Steak Spice or Black Pepper
1/2 Table Spoon of Oregano, Marojoram, Ground Tyhme, Parsley
1Table Spoon of Dried Chives

Optional 1/2-1 Tablespoon of Rosemary

Turn everyfew hours to ensure meat is coated. Heat Grill to High, then back off prior to placing the steaks on the grill@ med-low.

Lazy merinade Soya, Garlic Powder, Onion powder, chopped Garlic, Black Pepper, Montreal steak Spice & Seasoning salt. Let it stand in fridge for 3 hours, at half way point flip over. Skewer, warp in bacon &grill.

For the frying pan I like to season to taste (of course garlic, pepper and salt is a must for me). Fry in butter or veggie oil. I also likefrying it with some sliced bacon(if you do this watch the salt as the bacon will more than make up for what you don't use)and onions, this is in place of the butter/oil. If you wish it can be breaded. I usually go with an egg wash and bread crumbs over flour when breading meat.