HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - new bowhunter
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 03:27 PM
hoytvtec

Default RE: new bowhunter

If so mo dept of conservation messed up. I just bought 1 for my 12 year old 1 for my 16 yeard old nephew and one for my 14 year old boy. they haven't had any courses what so ever. they all have conservation cards they just scan the card at walmart and give us the tags.
www.conservation.state.mo.us/
Archery Deer and Turkey Hunting
Season dates
[ul][*]Sept. 15—Nov. 11, 2005[*]Nov. 23, 2005—Jan. 15, 2006 [/ul]
Open statewide, antler-point restrictions apply in some counties, see map under Antler-Point Restrictions in Selected Counties.
Shooting hours
One-half hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset
Valid permits
[ul][*]Resident or Nonresident Archer’s Hunting Permit[*]Resident or Nonresident Landowner Archer’s Hunting Permit[*]Resident or Nonresident Archery Antlerless Deer Hunting Permit[*]Resident Landowner Archery Antlerless Deer Hunting Permit [/ul]
Season limit
[ul][*]Two turkeys and two deer of either sex, provided that only one antlered deer may be taken prior to Nov. 12.[*]Any number of antlerless deer in counties where allowed. See map on the right. [/ul]
Point to remember
[ul][*]Archers hunting deer or turkey during the archery season may not be in possession of a firearm. [/ul]
Methods allowed
[ul][*]a longbow or compound bow of any draw weight; hand-held string releasing devices, illuminated sights, scopes and quickpoint sights are allowed [/ul]
Methods prohibited
[ul][*]a bow fastened to a stock or other device that maintains the bow in a drawn position[*]any sighting device that casts a beam of light on the game[*]use of dogs, bait, recorded calls or live decoys [/ul]
Hunters may purchase and fill any number of Archery Antlerless Deer Hunting Permits during the archery deer season in the counties indicated in orange on the map below.
Basic Rules for Safe Turkey Hunting
[ul][*]Wear hunter orange when walking through the turkey woods. If you bag a turkey, wrap it in hunter orange before carrying it out.[*]Dress defensively; never wear red, white, blue or black in the turkey woods.[*]Always see the turkey clearly before you shoot; never shoot at sound or movement.[*]Shout to reveal your presence to an approaching hunter; never wave or whistle.[*]Pattern your shotgun to learn its effective range, and learn to accurately judge distances. Remember: 30 yards is about the limit for a clean kill.[*]Remain calm and rational; never let excitement, nerves or panic rule your behavior.[*]Assume every sound or movement is another hunter until you can safely identify it as otherwise. [/ul]