HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Georgia bait debate
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 11:02 AM
VT_Hunter1980

Default RE: Georgia bait debate

ORIGINAL: Georgetownboys

Boy I wish. . .I hunt in Texas. . .lots of feeders in use. . . .I have seen many a day when you sit for 4 hours looking at a feeder 100yards or so out and lots of other country as well and don't see Deer one. This is in counties with some of the countries highest population decities too. So just because a little bit of corn is offered does not mean the Deer come to them every day. To date I don't think I have ever even shot a big buck at a feeder. They tend to hang a bit further out. Yep i have had bucks chase doespast or from a feeder but, I won't shoot one on the run, I don't think that is the right thing to do, sorry guys.

To your point too though I have seen days when the feeder go off and a young doppy button buck or a doe could not get to that corn fast enough. But I pass on young does and button buck, let's fatten them up for another day.

So let's stir things up, if you sit near a farmers corp of corn, is this baiting, are you now shooting fish in a barrel or just a smart hunter. When the Indians waited for deer near Oak trees that had dropped acorns are they hunting over bait, yepper, was this cheating, I don't think so, it was smart to know your prey.
I stand corrected. I'm not intending to trash any reasonable hunting method and would never support a ban on baiting (although VT did outlaw it this year). I was just presenting one point of view.