HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I'm getting frustrated!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 07:39 AM
rml127

Default RE: I'm getting frustrated!!!

I spoke to a friend last night who is a competion shooter and really seems to know his stuff. I explained the situation to him and he thinks my problem is not being consistent in how I was holding the gun each shot. I am shooting off a homemade rest that isn't the best. I'm going to try holding the same way each time the next time I shoot.

I was swabbing with alcohol between shots using a jag. I need a new bore brush, the one I bought is very loose in the barrel and doesn't work well. I used a dry patch twice after each alcohol patch. I am using winchester primers. I really don't want to buy any more powder, I have the 777 pellets, a bottle of FF pyrodex and a bottle of FFF pyrodex. I would like to use what I have for now if I can. I also didn't shoot any conicals thru this gun. The buffalo sabots are the yellow ones with .44 bullets. I also have a 3-9 power scope on the gun.

I'm going to Gander Mountain tomorrow to buy some more bullets and a new brush. I'm getting so many different opinions on bullets, what would be the best type to buy with 150-200 yard shooting in mind? I'm willing to get a couple types. Is lighter or heavier better?I'm starting to realize this is going to take some effort to shoot well at this yardage. I have the next ten days off at work so, weather permitting, I plan on shooting alot to get it right. I appreciate all the help.