HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mid-day hunting
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 03:24 AM
spde911

Default RE: Mid-day hunting

I usually just hunt in the am. I haven't tried much evening hunting and any time I do go out in the evening, I don't see much. On opening day, I was in my stand from morning all day and stayed till it got dark. I didn't see anything early, but had a couple of young doe come in around noon. Didn't see anything after that either. I'm hunting in a wooded area that has a natural funnel coming in to my area about 50 yards to the north. I'm sitting almost in the middle of the area and have a couple of rubs about 30 yards from my stand. This is the first time I've hunted this area and didn't get the chance to do much pre-season scouting. I haven't seen a lot of activity yet, but they seem to be moving from about 8am until about 1pm (the few I've seen anyway). I hoping that the rut will be starting soon, and I might have some bigger bucks come through. I'd like to get a wall hanger this year. I've only got two deer under my belt, one buck and one doe. I guess we'll see how the rest of the season pans out. If I get to hunt this land again next year, I'm hoping to get it set up better and get to do some more pre-season scouting. I know there's deer out there, I'm just having trouble figuring out where they are. Good luck to you. Don't know if this helped or not, I kinda went off on my own little thread here.