HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My 8pt taken at 5yds, broadside......
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2002, 07:40 AM
jerseyjoe
Typical Buck

Default My 8pt taken at 5yds, broadside......

Yesterday I walked in about 3:30pm to a spot I have not yet hunted. Acorns and beechnuts littered the ground. Deer sign was everywhere. It was windy so I took my time. I spotted 4 deer feeding about 30 yds ahead. I made it within 15yds of a button who gave me the lookover.We played this game for 10 minutes before I moved and spooked him off. The other deer left with him. I hung my summit near 2 heavy trails. At 5 o'clock I spot 1 doe about 40yds to my right. Three more come into view. 5:30 brings 2 small bucks from across the creek. The wide 4pt feeds by my stand,15 yds away...I drew on him but let down..I know there is a bigger buck here! These deer wonder off. At about 6, I hear 2 bucks go at it for 10 seconds...I spot a small 8pt running towards me. He stops at about 30yds out and walks away..I cant get a shot. 6:30 comes and I spot my buck coming across the creek. He follows the same path the 4pt takes. I have a spike and a doe feeding within 15yds of me. The buck walks to within 5yds of my stand, picks up an acorn and stares at the spike. I pick the sweet spot and release. Thump!! A perfectshot. I watched him run off and go down about 60yds away. This is my second deer this year.