HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bow Hunting from the Ground - Tactics.
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 06:51 AM
chucker34

Default RE: Bow Hunting from the Ground - Tactics.

I bought a smaller one this year that gives me just enough room to draw but not so big or tall that it stands out too much. Still, I brushed it in good with lots of branches and leaves and placed it in a clump of smaller saplings deep in the woods. I have a bucket with a cushion that allows me to silently rotate to look on the little mesh portholes. Though I think its easier to slip off it and kneel for shots (more stability). I have had my blind in place for several weeks now and have had chances to shoot a few does. Some nervous that the blind was there (probably the first time they saw it) and some that seemed oblivious to it. If it becomes part of their regular landscape, they will obviously grow acustomed to it. Still, I am very careful about scent and wind direction when using the blind. Can't tell you how bucks would react because I haven't seen any it it yet. Hope to this week or weekend.Hope this is helpful.