HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bow Hunting from the Ground - Tactics.
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 01:17 AM
spde911

Default RE: Bow Hunting from the Ground - Tactics.

I haven't had much luck bow hunting from the ground. I tried it a couple of times when I first started bow hunting last year and every time I had a good shot opportunity, something would happen. I'd hit a tree limb with my bow or one of my joints would pop. After about the 4th time I spooked one off, I decided to buy a tree stand. My luck has improved. I'm trying one of those pop up blinds this year as well as hunting from a stand. If you're not to keen on hunting from way up in a tree stand, I'd suggest that you try hunting from a lower tree stand. I set one up last year that was only 12' off the ground and the deer didn't seem to notice me at all. I've read several articles that say you need to be at least 25-30 feet off the ground. I haven't been hunting much, only 3 years now, but I've never had my stand more than 15 feet up and I've always seen deer and they don't seem to see me. Hope this helps a little.