HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DIESEL VS GAS
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 07:49 PM
bdbwtie101

Default RE: DIESEL VS GAS

well since this is already a heated debate i thought i would throw in my two cents. I was raised around deisels, went to a deisel tech school and work on deisels for a living. But i think you guys or missing the piont. He asked if it was worth spending the extra money for a deisel, not what truck is gonna drag everyones elses truck around. And for that matter, hooking a tow strap to eachother and going at says ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING about who has more power. many things come into play here like, driving skill, tires, gear ratios, WEIGHT, so it is a very poor example of whos truck has more power. Anyways back to the question, the type of truck or make depends more on what he is going to use it for. He said that he does alot of driving and occasionally pulling. Why by the biggest powerhouse in the world to drive around in and occasionally pull? How long is he gonna own the truck, 300,000 miles? If he is looking for a motor that is gonna last half a million miles, go with the cummins, the straight six is unbeatalbe in reliability and longevity, why does every semitruck use a straight six? If its just a truck that is gonna be for personal use and not looking to own it for ever then by a duramax. Your gonna be in the truck alot putting on that many miles. Your gonna wanna be comfortable. Ford seat are very unfortable, there interior is plane and hasnt changed much in years. and the solid axle and stiff suspension is gonna beat the hell out of you for a personal driver. The 6.0 is very new and yet to prove its self. Dodges suspension and straight axle is gonna ride the same. The cummins has proved itself for making good power and longevity as well as good fuel mileage. Yes there automatics suck. Chevy has the most comfortable seats and interiors, ride by far the most quietest and the smoothest due to the independent front suspension. And there mileage is really good to. And the allison is by far the king of all automatics right know. So if your gonna beat the hell out of this truck go with a dodge and the manual trans. If your gonna drive it more than anything get the Durmax. As far as Deisel better than gas. Its all a personal preference.