HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ohhhh the frustration!
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 08:09 AM
Digi
Fork Horn

Default Ohhhh the frustration!

I have seen alot of deer moving from this standincluding a doe and a small buck that I have taken in the last two weeks. However, there is a monster among the bushes. I have seen a pretty big deer for eastern NC jumped and chased across this field by dogs 2 weeks ago. I never heard a gun shot so I think he may still be around. Anyway, I got to the stand about 3 hours before sun down and sat there patiently waiting for deer o'clock. Just as it gets to the point that I can barely see through my conquest I hear what sounds like a horse come running out of the woods and I can just make out a white rump through the scope. At this point I believe there are two deer out there, probably a buck chasing a doe around. I used my primos can call and at least one deer comes back and is moving around 20 yards away. But alas, it was too dark, I could barely make out head from tail and I didn't want to shoot another small buck or doe or really even take a shot where I was not 100% sure of what I was shooting at.

I haven't felt that teased since being an adolescent because I know deep down that it was the big boy so close but yet so far.

I love this game.

[/align]