HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What a morning
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 05:25 PM
nubo
Giant Nontypical

Default What a morning

Guy's !

I went to a different hunting location this beautiful morning ,as I was walking into my stand I came to a corner of a trail and there stood a doe about 50yrds from me ,she was eating off the ground , she turned toward's meand started walking and bleating every step of the way.She got to within 20yrds of me and turned off towards another trail ,there I was standing and watching her and she had absolutely no idea that I was even there ,she stood for a bit and then finally noticed something odd to her and high tailed it out of there.AsI proceeded to continue my way down the trail I dropped off my treestand, to look up the trail and see a young buck standing in the trail with his nose to the ground .I had already decided that I wouldn't take him ,he was only a 4 pointer,he followed her trail to where she turned off, but he continued to walk directly at me. I could have taken him at almost any point .He got so close I figured I had better let him know that I was now 5 feet in front of him ,I could have reached out and touched him on the nose he was just that close to me ,I blew him a kiss and he jumped directly in the air and ran about 5 yrds away and stopped, he looked at me but didn't seem to realize I was a threat DUH. The little guy just continued to glue his nose to the ground and slowly walked away ,once he was out of site I started to take my climber apart and heard a loud snap and crunch in front of me again, figuring this little buck had returned .But what I seen was a great looking 8 point crossing in front of me about 40yrds away ,I would have taken a shot at this one but there was just too manysmall branch's and tiny tree's between us and I just didn't want to make a mistake and wound this buck, so I opted to wait to see if he would come closer to me .As it turned out he disappeared into the hardwood's and I never seen him again ,I heard 3 other deer in the wood's but never got a look at any of them.This all happened in about 15 minute's of first daylight this morning.This afternoon I went out ,but what a waste of time that turned out to be .The wind was right and the evening was right as well ,but with vehicle's roaming all over the wood's and 1 particular vehicle with no muffler's was racing all over the forest , soI just packed her in for the night ,it wasn't worth my effort of getting off the couch .
So it won't be till Wed evening before I return to the bush next .

I hope you guy's have a great hunt and don't have to deal with this kind of crap that I did .

nubo