HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hey Ny hows your season been so far ???
Old 10-28-2005, 12:52 PM
jhoffman

Default RE: Hey Ny hows your season been so far ???

I got a doe the second day of season but lost it in the swap and had to come back the next day and find her - by then the coyotes had gotten to her but there was still alot of salvageable meat.

I got a 6 point buck too that took me three days to get. I saw him the first night in a field about 50yrds out and I could not get a shot at him there were 9 doe in the field with him and too many eyes to try and stalk closer - The second day I setup where I thought he was comming into the field at and saw that he first visited a scrape that was down an old logging trail and I had not seen it there before - Third day I setup on the scapre and about a hour before dark he came in and i took the shot - I got him right behind the front should quartering away - He ran about 30 yrds and went down. I have been out a couple of more times and seen a few more nice big doe but not any nice bucks just a couple of 4 pointers and small spikes.