HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NY do u think we should have a antler restrictions?
Old 10-28-2005, 12:03 PM
jf5

Default RE: NY do u think we should have a antler restrictions?

ORIGINAL: SPIKEHORN11

I have mixed feelings but would lean towards NO. I think we would loose alot of hunters that are just fet up with taking a deer now. Alot of us have had those years where you don't take anything and just wanna sell your gear cause your just sick of it. My grandfather hasn't taken a deer in I don't know how many years but I would hate to see the restriction in place when he finally has a shot at a deer and can't cause it is a spike.
I hear allot of guys complain of too many hunters in the woods in NY as it is. Maybe this will make them happy. (I'd love to hunt NY, AR or not..just looking for the right areas)

Off course you need to keep the numbers of hunters up to keep support for the sport.

The thing is, if AR is implemented, there are plenty of does for the "can't eat the horns" group to take. If they just want meat and don't care about horns, dosn't thisstill allow them a great opportunity to fill the freezer?? All the while protecting young bucks for the horn hunters??