HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ABOLT 270 130 OR 140 GRAIN BULLETS
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 10:02 PM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ABOLT 270 130 OR 140 GRAIN BULLETS

I don't agree...well to a point. I have pretty much owned a 270 sinceI started hunting, my current one is a abolt SS Stalker. The 130gr NBT has accounted for the majority of my deer and antelope harvests. Yes if you hit bone expect some damage but if you put it in the lungs that deer ain't going anywhere and the damage isn't a concern. I have shot game from 30 yards to over 400 with the NBT, never lossing an animal and the furthest I have tracked one was150-200 yards after a poor shot from mio! The majority have dropped well within 50 though. It is still my preferred bullet as I like the ribs shot. Now if you plan on shooting for the pins or tend to crowd the front endor seeing you really don't need long range benefitsa bullet such as Partition, Accubond, Barnes, etc might be a better choice. However if your aiming behind the front legs aka: ribs then you need not worry your federal NBTs will do the job admirably.

I don't use my 270 much anymore but the NBT still continues to be my deer load. I have taken a few of our large bodied bucks through the shoulders with my 7mm rem mag and 150NBT's without issue, but with this placement expect some damage!