HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Finding a lease in central New York in 2006
Old 10-26-2005, 01:26 PM
MACHINIST
Spike

Default Finding a lease in central New York in 2006

My freind and I live and hunt just north of Syracuse,New York,we are looking for some land to lease for hunting in 2006 and would like a few pointers in what to look out for.How do you word the contract?What happens if the person hunts the same land that he wants to lease to you?How much per acre(I know that this is a type of loaded question but we dont know)?If anyone has some property that they would lease or is a member of a lease looking for a few newmembers let me know.I can give good references from the farm that we hunt on right know.We have done alot of work on the farm for trade but we are looking for some new ground to hunt on,we will still hunt this property but it is tough because the farmer that owns it doesnt plant any crops he is just a dairy farmer.He tells us every yearthat they are going to get crops in the next year and never do.We have even offered to help him with the planting and help him with the cost of the seed but nothing comes of it.We always see deer on the neiboring properties but they dont come over to our farm on a regular basis like they used to.I am looking foreward to some of your responses.