HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Mail Men (9) thread
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 07:10 PM
OHBowhunter
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

StealthyOne I have two more doe tags to fill. The area I shot the buck in is all farm land. He was on his normal route from the corn down the fence line through a small pach of woods back to the clear cut to bed. About a week ago he started to make a couple of scrapes along this trail. I see bucks off this trail every year. Alyways new scrapes to. I seen him comining in at only 40 yards. At 30 I turned slightly and drew back. I got the dreaded tree stand squeek and he stopped and looked in my direction. Just as he stopped a chipmunk chirped and ran out across the trail he was on. He watched the chipmunk and continued on to my 20 yard shooting lane. After me cussing at these darn chipmunks for weeks I think this one saved my day. Nice pass through with a Gold Tip pro and a Montek G-5 broadhead.
Funny thing about this area is the does always come out in the corn to feed, but they seem to use different trails to and from the bedding then the bucks use. Which puts me in area #2 for my doe hunting. Its about 150 acres of part swamp part white oaks, In the middle of a suburban area. This place is loaded with does and yearlings and no bucks. I see 3 - 6 deer a night here but some how these darn does have been giving me the slip. I have 3 stands set up around this one swamp that I can see across and they always come out where I am not and look over in my direction. Now I sit in heavy cover and move around so much from tree to tree plaing the wind, I can't figure out how they just seem to know where I am at. Well now I am on a mission to get one of these buggers. Good luck to all you guys this week. I seem to only see these deer moving when it stops raining for a brief period of time. Meenwhile I'll be sitting in the rain waiting for it to stop.