HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shot one but lost it......
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 10:09 AM
Buckmasterflex
Fork Horn

Default Shot one but lost it......

Well guys to start the night off I climbed into the stand at 4:30 and there were 10-15 turkeys just 45 yards off in the trees. And they hung around for about 20 minutes before wondering off. Then about 15 minutes later I had a squirrel run down out of the tree and climb the leg of my feeder and start spinning it to throw fresh corn on the ground for him and his friends. Then here come 15 more turkey from the north and they walked all the way in to 7 yards and then to my feeder, then they mingeled around and left. Then about 45 minutes later here comes a buck to the feeder, and at 28 yards I shot him and he ran to the other side of the creek and stood around and the ran off. So I give him a little time and then climb out of the stand and look for blood. There was blood where I shot him and then all the way to the creek and on the other side there was 3 big blood puddles about 3 to 6 inch in diameter and then after the third one there was no more blood in the woods. I walked that place out for 2 hours and never found my arrow, blood, or my deer.