HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Mail Men (9) thread
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 09:22 AM
chucker34

Default RE: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

SIDWAYS, I just made one mock scrape and hung the dripper above it about 8 feet. Then I made sure there was a licking branch about 5 feet above the scrape - just a small one. If there isn't any, you can nail one on. I used the Active Scrape from wildlife research center (doe in estrus and buck). I did this last year and noticed damplander from Wisc. did the same thing (used that scent)this early. He has been seeing some bucks on his trail camera investigating the scrape and freshening it but I haven't seen any in my area. I have used Trail's End from WRC too and that has a curiosity and doe in estrus scent. I used that last year in my dripper and it stopped a buck hot on the trail of a doe for a milisecond. Lesson learned there with the shotgun was be ready to shoot in that milisceond because just like that he was weaving in and out of trees again leaving me no good ethical shot. My strategy is hoping the dripper might attract bucks already in the area and make them stop for the one or two seconds I'd need to release the arrow. I am VERY new at all this though and am learning by trial and error.