HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Mail Men (9) thread
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 08:39 PM
extreme1
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Well guys its saturday evening and I am beat.Hunted all morn and then went to another property to check on trails and stands.
Seen 2 does this morn and 20 turkeys strutting past me like they owned the woods,some big toms in the mix as well.
That stupid bear was in my clearing again this morn,not sure what is going on with him,but just dosnt want to leave me alone.I did get in my stand at 5:30 this morn ,saw him,and he left willingly on his own this time.I think I educated him a couple weeks ago-----lol
The weather this morn was absolutely perfect-- it was -4c,real heavy frost and a very slight breese from the north,perfect hunting conditions,probably the best day I had yet.Supposed to rain,and a mixture of snow tomorrow,being a high of 4c.
Going back in the morn,I think the bucks are starting up as I am seeing scattered scrapes around.I made a mock scrape 20 yards from my stand this morn on the way out.Hopefully a buck checked it out and will come and give it a good working over.Especially with this miserable weather coming up they will be working overtime to keep them fresh.
Antler Eater---congrats on the doe---could have taken a quite a few myself but opted not to
You are right about one thing though----cant shoot a deer from the couch.Good luck man.
Chuck----Glad to hear your weather is getting better,about time.
Havent hunted out of a portable blind myself but may purchase one next year and give it a go,good for new spots and along field edges with no trees for a stand.
Another hint---when putting your wax on the string,rub it in good with a piece of leather,the friction will heat it up and melt it into the strands.This way you wont have an excess amount of wax build up.
I seen OHBowhunter on the thread-----just sent him a PM and asked him to let everyone know how he is making out
To all the ones hunting this weekend----GOOD LUCK
Jason