HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Mail Men (9) thread
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 09:35 AM
chucker34

Default RE: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

Hey guys. Was able to get out this morning for a few hours this morning and nothing. Good news is that it's cooled down considerably, from the 70s down to the 40s.

Tried out my ground blind for the first time. Practiced drawing in it some more and its a tight fit but it works. Heard a clicking sound when releasing and discovered that I waxed the string and cables so good the other night that I must have gunked up the cable guard clip with wax. So it kind of clicks and drags along the guardwhen you draw and release slowly. Will have to get the hair dryer out or something to get rid of it.

Also moved my scrape dripper and created some more mock scrapes closer to the blind. I placed the blind itself in the "bermuda triangle" - in the middle of three trails that form a triangle. All of them are at least 15yards and no further than 25 yardsfrom the blind. I had set it up last week, raking away all the leaves inside down to bare dirt and brushing it in some, but it is surrounded already by a good number of saplings and brush.

Good luck everyone. Gonna try again tomorrow night or Monday night but I think things should really start picking up in this part of the world in another week or two. Already let my wife know I'll be doing some more all day hunts in early to mid November. We have a two day gun hunt the first weekend and then a four day gun hunt the next and then muzzleloader for a few weeks at the end of the month into December. I plan to bowhunt before, after, and probably duringeach as I'm sure they'll be getting pushed around quite a bit.