HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Minnesota hospitality
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 08:42 PM
mossy33oak
Nontypical Buck

Default Minnesota hospitality

Just got back from a fun filled week in Minnesota. I hunted for 4 days in Parkers Prarie, and 1 day in Wadena (thanks TeeJay)!!! I had a great time, although the full moon killed us, the fields were full of deer when we left in the morning to go to our stands, but by daylight they were nonexistent.

This Maryland boy learned a few things about Minnesota........

#1 Its FLAT!!!! Every freakin square acre is as flat a a pancake (no wonderpeople thought the world was flat, they lived in Minnesota)
#2 You must drive 80 mph on the hard roads and 65 mph on the dirt roads. If not you'd never get anywhere.
#3 Every buisness closes at 7pm no matter what (except the Cozy Cup) where we ate dinner EVERY night because nothing else was open when we got done hunting.
#4 Every person KNOWS you dont belong there, and gives you the "you aint from around here are ya boy?" look all the time. (I guess wearing the bright red sweatshirt with MARYLAND on it doesnt help)
#5 Every deer in Minnesota is at least 130 lbs......fawns are born 130 lbs and grow from there, 1 1/2 year old does are like 170 lbs!!
#6 You can drive 30 miles (from Wadena to Parkers prarie) and not pass another vehicle.....not even see headlights in any direction!!!!
#7 Pheasant hunters can stop their truck in the middle of the road pull out their shotgun and open up on unsuspecting birds at any time. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FREAKING ROAD!!!!!!!
#8 Did I mention it was flat???
#9 I dont think too many Miss America contestants evercame
from the Parkers Prarie/ Wadena area......except TeeJays girlfriend she was a cutie

#10 Huntingnet allowed me to meet a really cool guy (TeeJay) whom I hope will remain my friend for a long time, thanks for taking me hunting!!!!