HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 4 or 5 stand locations need help choosing which one for SAT?
Old 10-21-2005, 09:08 AM
VA_Chucker
Spike

Default 4 or 5 stand locations need help choosing which one for SAT?

Anyone with recent success? I am going back out tomorrow in the mountians. I went and scouted last Sunday and noticed noscrapes... but I did see a couple of areas where it looks like a wrestling ring. Grounds all tore up and several different tracks all dug in deep impressions. No new rubs but it looks like I found 2 bedding areas and a connector and a couple of old rubs.. I think I will try and catch them coming from a field about 3/4 of a mile away. The will be coming up hill so hopefully the geothermals will help regulate the wind for me Put me up wind of em!
My Topo showsalarge funnel... from the beds, a creek runsdownthe mountain to the field. BTW.. there areOAksthe whole way down and around the bedsto the field.
What should I do? Should I sit on the old rubs that are at the entrance to the beds? Sit in between the beds? Or get farther down in between the fields and the beds? It might rain on sat so I might sit closer to the beds just incase the weather forces them to not venture out as far.
What do you think? I will be hunting with a buddy how would you ambush em for the best results? The beds sit high on the mountian and there is a natural funnel with fingers and dry creek beds.