HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pike Co. IL
Thread: Pike Co. IL
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 12:42 AM
Squeaky_74
Spike

Default RE: Pike Co. IL

LLBUX the area we are hunting consist of about 500 acres total. I spent most of my time in the 40 acre tract in my story. The property hasn't been hunted since the 8th of October. I'm hoping with the lack of hunting pressure I can slip back in my area on the 28th. I feel as though I will have another shot at the big 10 pointer or something bigger. I placed my new Wild Life Eye camera system in the area before leaving so I hope to have some good video of what's in the area.

Buckhunter17 congrats on your 130 class bow kill. I would be tickled with a 130 class bow kill. I have game camera pics in Bama of some 140 class deer on my lease. Killing one of them will be a major task due the thick cover. If you guys are interested in seeing the pics drop me an email at [email protected].

What is the rutting activity looking like? I read that the rutting moon will be late this year. In return this would put the peak rut around the second to thrid week of Nov. Does anyone buy into this rutting moon theory.