HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 05:43 PM
nubo
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 1 Thread

I seen horn's ,I seen horn's LMAO Just a spike horn with about 14" spike's but it did have the first horn's I've seen this season.This evening the wind was very high again and at one point was considering getting out of my stand once again ,I'm really getting ticked with all the high wind's this week ,it's really put a cramp on my hunting this season thus far .Although the wind let up a little near dusk and that's when I seen 2 deer on the dirt road and one of them had horn's ,i watched them walk up the road toward's my truck and figured that they just might go the other direction ,but before I knew it they were walking along the field in front of me about 80yrds out ,finally they turned and walked directly in my direction ,at this point because of the wind's consistantly changing direction's ,I was afraid they would wind me a bugger off in a hurry,they got to within 20yrds of me and I knew that at anytime I could take this little spike ,he was broadside to me for about 3 minute's ,but at this time I'm not using my buck tag on a spiker in order to score 40 or 50 inch's for the team ,espeacially when I know there are lot's of buck's in the 120 or 130 range .Anyway's I figure the young doe winded me because she started to trot across the field in the same direction they had came from and the young spiker followed her immediately . Sorry for not taking this little guy ,but it's a long season and I know I'll be seeing much bigger and better buck's before too long .I'm not sure oif I'll get out in the morning ,but my plan include's another evening hunt .In the 4 time's I've been out I've now seen 24 deer this season while hunting,I'm sure I'll see plenty more .

nubo