HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - [Deleted]
Thread: [Deleted]
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 12:43 PM
zekeskar

Default RE: LADDER STANDS- RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE

I've used two or three different types - don't even know the brands, but do know that none were "super deluxe" nor were they the cheapest money could buy. All are very strong and comfortable. Like someone said, a railing is (imho) essential - for a gun rest and also for safety.

We've always put burlap (camo) hanging around the railing. These stands tend to stay there all season, so the burlap becomes part of the deer's environment and i'ts sight and movement doesn't spook them at all. It hides minor movements.

Another feature to consider - is there a rain cover of some sort available. A lot of folks don't think they're necessary, but they can be handy. Again, if the stand sits out there long term, any visual or sound effect from the cover will become part of the environment and will not spook the deer. I wouldn't necessarily use either the burlap or the cover if I were putting the stand up right at opening day, but if you are putting the stand up before season starts and leaving it there, give those two things a thought.