HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question?????
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 09:33 PM
lou-lou
Typical Buck

Default Question?????

I got permission to hunt a piece of pristine private property in which no one has hunted in over 30 years. The owner is a animal lover but gave me the ok due to some hard work I did for him over the summer. I was allowed 1 guest also. I invited my friend to hunt it along with me this year.After 3 days of hunting it in a row I saw 17 deer in 3 nights 8 were bucks, no shooters. My friend dosen't have as much time off as I do came to me today and asked me why I was hunting it so much, I got the feeling that he didn't want me there because after the deer I have seen and told him about he didn't want me to over hunt it so when he came in over the weekend he could get a fair shake at a good buck. He has never had a place to huntlike this, and he is new to the sport, but come on basically telling me not to hunt it when I brought him on to the property, only when he does. I really don't know how to handle this tastefully. I don't want to hurt his feeling but how can he ask this of me when there are this many deer and I'm tring to kill one to. I'm stuck. He's put me a real weird spot, any advice would be great.