HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Atlanta, GA area outdoor rifle ranges
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 04:47 PM
Coastie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Atlanta, GA area outdoor rifle ranges

ORIGINAL: distguitar

Clybel sounds much more familiar! I will definately give them a call to find out how to get there.

Now before I overuse my welcome, I wanted to ask just a basic info on WMA ranges: what can I shoot at there? Are only paper targets allowed, and if not - what else can I bring?

I know I probably should ask them about details on this, but I just wanted to get basic understanding on this subject before I start asking specific questions over the phone.
I only fired my weapons in indoor ranges so far.

Thanks!!
As far as I know, paper targets are the only thing allowed. Bottles have fallen into disfavor since most folks just don't bother to clean up their own mess. There are areas on the National Forest that are considered to be informal ranges where you may shoot at other stuff, but I would strongly suggest that you plan to take whatever your targets were home with you when you are done. You can get directions to these areas from the closest U.S. Forest Service information office.