HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mock Scrape Action w/ Pics
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 10:13 AM
Dampland
Fork Horn

Default Mock Scrape Action w/ Pics

So I decided to make a a mock scrape on a trail only 100 yards from our cabin.

I made the scrape at 2pm last Tuesday.

At 5:30pm, this guys stops by.

and over the next 2 days, I had a a dozen pictures featuring few button bucks and 4-5 doesas well. (6 of the 12 pictures were during daylight!)

Then on Thursday night, at 7:30 pm, this nice buck (a shooter to me) stopped by the scrape.

I refreshened the scrape on Friday afternoon, and when I checked the game camera on Sunday afternoon, I had another 16 photos, including 3 of a different small buck using the scrape! (I didn't pull the memory card yet however)

I have a stand behind the camera at about 20 yards, so I might need to sit there once or twice, to see what action it gets.

UPDATED 10/20/05: MORE BUCKS AT THE SAME SCRAPE

a little guy

a bigger 8 point

the next morning he comes back

then another little guy

then this big boy shows up this morning, while I was only 250 yards away!

EDITED Monday 10/24/2005 to add:

So after the big boy above came in, this little guy showed up that morning.

then that evening this two bucks came buy within minutes of each other.

Later that night, this respectable buck came in.

Then on 10/21/2005 these guys came to visit.

and right behind him was this guy

and later that morning was this little buck (small spike it appears)

Next was Saturday 10/22/05

early in the morning comes

I walked past the mock scrape at 4pm, and laid a scent trail leaving the mock scrape until I got to my stand 200 yards away. The buck below showed up at my stand at 6pm, and was a close as 7 yards head down quartering away, but I decided to pass him, knowing that bigger bucks are in the area. I hope I don't regret passing up such an easy shot.

then that night

Finally on Sunday,

this buck returned early in the morning.

and finally this button buck stopped by to check things out. (I have another photo in the sequence showing he is a button buck, but I like this picture better)

Because of all the pictures, I am not posting any of the DOES pictured at the scrape. each day at least 1 doe visits the scrape also.