HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Regret the Whisker Bisquit
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 02:09 AM
BOWFANATIC
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Regret the Whisker Bisquit

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

ORIGINAL: BOWFANATIC

The helical of the fletching and the length of each fletching as it contacts the WB can not be consistent shot to shot.
With the correct spined arrows and well tuned bow , it most certainly can and is consistant from shot to shot. That is the brilliance of the Whisker Biscuit! All three fletches will contact the biscuit the same way on every shot.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt a correctly spined arrow suppose to bend as it leaves the bow ?
No need for correction , you are correct.
I never said a correct spined arrow will shoot straight as an arrow (<pun intended) as it leaves the string. It wont leave the stringaseradically as an underspined arrow , ie wet noodle. The tail end (fletching end) of the arrow should stay straight as it launches through the rest if you have the correct spine. With the correct spine your fletchings will be going through the biscuit itselfthe same way (provided you follow a consistant nock procedure) every shot.
The problem people see with wavy vanes , torn fletches , and black scuff marks on the vanes , doesn't come from the biscuit itself. The problem comes from the outer ring holding the biscuit together meaning the fletching end of the arrow is fishtailing as it goes through the biscuit. A stiffer spine will correct this problem.
I'm not here to argue about the Whisker Biscuit , I'm really just trying to offer advice to those that want it. It can be a great rest , but you have to do your part also. And by that I don't mean modifications. I've never modified my WB in any way.It's no different than any other rest when it comes to selecting the proper spine arrow.

In case I forgot to mention it earlier , the MZE is an awesome rest!