HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I grouped the 270 Fusions
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 06:58 PM
James B
Boone & Crockett

Default I grouped the 270 Fusions

Tool the new 270 ADL to the range today. For this year I am using factory loads. I am shooting the 130 grain Federal Fusion loads. The wind finally co-operated somewhat today. I shot three three shot groups which is how I test hunting rifles. No need to fire five shot groups in a pure hunting rifle as ne hardly ever shoots more than three times at an animal in the field. I am not a very good group shooter but this is a winning combo. The largest group was one inch The smallest group was 3/8 of an inch. The third had two holes touching but the third which I knew I pulled a bit was 3/4 inch. For me and paper targets, that is as good as it gets. I am pretty happy with the out of the box performance of the ADL Synthetic 700. I adjusted the trigger down to about half of what it came in at. I have my VX-l scope on it with the flip-up Butler Creek scope covers. These loads clocked at an average 2873.

I have my 7MM-08 ready for season as well. I am shooting WW Ballistic silvertips in it for this year.