HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - rediculas
Thread: rediculas
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 03:17 PM
madboarman

Default RE: rediculas

I never said any of it was WRONG, the whole thread was about how rediculas I think things are now days. My grandfather had money he worked all his life, and saved every penny, there was plenty of things to buy for hunting etc but he just chose not to do so. For example, I remember, he carried a .22 6 shot revolver everywhere he went with him. He ALMOST bought a .22 semi auto pistol and chose not to because his oppinon was that his revolver won't ever jam and it gets the job done without spending money on a new pistol and it was simple. And I agree. If you have the money to buy mossy oak clothes, a 400 dollar tree stand, a 300 magnum rifle with a 3x64 scope, the by all means do so, but its not going to stop me from thinking ...Deleted by CalHunter.... Then again, its your money, do what you will with it. I hunt in blue jeans, maybe a camo shirt and if its cold a heavy jacket. Something like a polar king or a carhartt jacket. I have an old classice summit viper but I more or less just hunt off the ground or climb a tree and set on a limb. I use a 30-30 because that is well over the fire power I need to kill a deadly deer thats out to get me.