HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - views on leased land in Pa
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2002, 08:42 PM
Broadhead88
Typical Buck

Default RE: views on leased land in Pa

BT-

I agree that with quality on the upswing, more guys will want to grab a lease in a good area. I hunt in Illinois on private land that a customer of mine owns and he is surrounded by leased land from Chicago hunters. The quality is awesome and there is almost no "free" land left in the trophy areas of Illinois.

NJ has some great hunting land in the NW and the central part of the state and clubs lease most of the better lands. The really good properties are strictly off-limits to hunters or only hunted by some caretakers or relatives. We have 14 guys that lease land for deer/birds/etc and are surrounded by other clubs. We have tried a season of QDM but since no one else does it, we basically threw the towel in last year. I did shoot a 135 B&C 3 yrs ago and have seen some others in that range but the hunting pressure is so severe in NJ that quality is tough to come by.

Do I think that Alt's plan will cause more leasing in PA? Maybe a little in the areas that are close to the larger cities. But PA seems a little different as there is so much Public land available. Illinois actually has very little public land for such a good deer state and NJ has a decent amount 300,000+ acres but the overdevelopment is ruining the experience for a lot of us.

Looking at the world from 15 feet up.