HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - killed one and missed one (QUESTION)
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2002, 12:07 PM
Starrman
Fork Horn

Default RE: killed one and missed one (QUESTION)

gutpyle,

I have only been hunting for three years, and maybe still green behind the ears, but I have found I have very good patience and have a good skill to sit still when I see a deer. A lot of that is how I breathe I think. I dont know how big this bad boy was but any deer I see, makes my blood start flowing like crazy and my hands start to shake. You probally heard before breathe in through you nose and out your mouth. Thats what I do, but I take it to the limit. What I mean is when you see a deer in sight, and the blood starts flowing and your hands start shaking, breathe in through your nose as much as you possibly can so your lungs are completely full; until you cannot inhale no more. When you exhale, do it slowly out your mouth. It is important to inhale as much air as you possibly can through your nose. Dont just inhale a little air at a time. Take in as much as you can. This has helped my hands stop shaking, and helps me focus better before I pull the trigger. Practice whereever you are at, and even before you go out in the woods so your lungs get use to taking in big gusts of air. Even do it when you dont see a deer in your stand. Anyways, this has helped me dramatically.

Starrman

Ron Starr