HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deer Sighting Survey
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 10:34 PM
NCHunter70
Spike

Default Deer Sighting Survey

Hey everybody, here I am in my fifth year of what started out as a small personal project that I originally intended to use to get a little information to try to convince myself about some preconceived notions about deer movement with respect to moon phases and position. Well, the project has morphed over the years and now it is reaching a point that many have asked for over the years. For the first time, I am going to attempt to correlate deer movement with respect to certain weather conditions. To do this all you have to do is go to www.pineybottom.com (I used to use thehunterseye.com but lost that site). Once there, you will find a form to fill out, just please read the instructions first as it will answer many questions that you might have. At the end of the form is a box to add your zip code or the nearest town. With that information I hope to be able to catagorize the information with respect to different weather conditions. The information on the site is free and the form doesn’t ask for any personal information unless you want to include your email address. The form will likely take less than a minute to fill out. Some of the information I have collected over the years has resulted in graphs like this

Now to answer the most commonly asked question. The percentages are based upon the actual number of hunters reporting at each time zone. Therefore when you see that 10% of the hunters see deer at noon, that is 10% of the hunters who were in the woods hunting at noon.
Thanks in advance for helping out.
Johnnie