HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - moultrie ditigal camera
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 10:29 AM
uncle matt
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: moultrie ditigal camera

We now have 2 down on the farm with the memory cards. The tenant will be mailing me the cards regularly cause they don't have a reader for the cards. I will download and print pics and mail back. They do take good pics like said, out to like 15 yards. Alot of night pics have a good pic af deer that triggered cam and glowing eyes off in the background.

Yes the lace mounting is BS and we'll move to small bungees to solve that.

Another issue is battry life and cost. We have switched to the rechargable 6V lantern-type batteries from Cabela's and are now going to set them up with the solar panel chargers Cabela's has for $19.99 each. That way we don't have to swap out batteries. But the rechargeable batteries are a good deal at $9.99 each cause a throw away battery is practically that much.

I think we'll have to fit the new solar panels with smaller clips like the ones that come in the camera housing, the big clips that come on the panels won't fit in the camera's housing. And we'll have to drill a small hole in the bottom and seal with silicone seal before attaching the new smaller clips inside.

There is also a viewer you can take out in the field with you to view pics taken. I think it's $149. Does anyone have any ideas as to another way to view the pics in the field? Maybe something like a portable DVD player or something? Anyone have any input on this?