HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Want retirement and hunting land?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2005, 11:49 PM
atlasman

Default RE: Want retirement and hunting land?

ORIGINAL: rack tracker

Around here 25 acres and a 4000Sq.Ft. house just sold for 4.3 Mil.

There is a sucker born every minute. Whoever paid that is an idiot.

Are you that near sighted?
Myopia issues aside..............paying $4,000-$8,000 per acre for HUNTING land is just plain stupid and the worst investment ever. Now if you are buying that land with knowledge of a golf course or developer coming in the near future then OK.......still VERY risky..........but OK.

Then again I live in hourse country,
Is that a cross between a house and a horse??

and only have 4.5 acres w/ 3600 sf. house worth 1.2 mil w/ a morgage for 15 more years,
but when I'm done I'll have made my own retirement with a $500,000 investment over 30 years. You do the math! WOW, some people can't see past there right hand!
1.2 mil????.........saying something is worth that........and getting someone to give you that much are two TOTALLY different things

3,600 sq ft is OK size.........and 4.5 acres is not much land at all. I hope you do get that much for it. I guarentee it won't be from me.

I found this place in about 2 minutes on google..........it's a rural area of NY (the state I am from) Figuring the house to be worth about $350,000 and surely asking $725,000 means they would take $700,000 (Probably less) but for good round numbers that means the land cost the other $350,000. Take a good look at the number...........it has 550 acres........that breaks down to about $636 per acre.

Like I said........properties like these can be found easily.........and for WAY less then the figures you guys are talking about.

I would much rather have a nice log home and large pond with 550 acres then 25-100 acres of bare farm land............any day.........but what do I know????.......I can't see past my right hand

http://rusasouthwest.leadmaxx.lantra...istingID=46689