HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread
Old 10-09-2005, 11:56 AM
PAhunterJEN

Default RE: Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

Lousy hunting for me all week! Friday and Saturday I did not see a thing. Friday it rained off and on but I usually see more deer when that happens - not this time. And Saturday the wind was blowing from the north and this is bad for where I hunt. My property is on a north facing hill so no matter where I went my scent was blowing towards where the deer come from. I decided to move to the upwind side on one corner of the property but when I got to the top of the hill I spied a nice new homemade treestand just across the property line. No wonder I haven't seen anything! One day the farmer had his corn picker out and another day the other farmer was mending a fence where the main funnel is. When I switched locations yesterday I found another scrape along my walking trail. It had a huge rounded hoof print in it and it looked as if it was just made. There is also a nice rub nearby that's pretty high off the ground. Now if I can only get the wind and neighbors to cooperate.
By the way there is tons of sign around...and each night when I look out the window there is almost always deer digging around where the salt lick was. They're out there but I guess their patterns are way off from the norm. So far this season has been the worst as far as seeing deer in the woods.

Hope everyone else is having better luck than me!!!