HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Unscientific Scent Elimination Spray Test
Old 10-07-2005, 11:26 AM
Germ
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Unscientific Scent Elimination Spray Test

Well I am not a scientist either , but I did a test also. I was on youth hunt with my best friends kid. I do were scent-lok from head to toe. Having met the owners of the company I truly to believe in the product. Back to the test, Jake ask me if my suit really worked. Jake I have to pass some gas stick your nose down buy my butt and I will let one rip. I did and Jake smelled nothing.
I think there is a lot of confusion about Scent-lok and other carbon suits. They do not "lock" your scent in. The Carbon acts as a filter, it filters out the order as it passes thru. This is why you need to put the suit in the dryer every 2-3 three weeks. It really does not Activate the carbon, it cleans the filters is a simple way to put it. The guys who invented Scent-LoK work with Carbon filters for Nasa on the space shuttle. These guys know what they are doing.
Last year will hunting after I shot a deer I climbed down my tree to retrieve my arrow. While getting my arrow a buck walk right up to me. He was about 10 steps away and was in Scent-lok from head to toe. He just walked around me at about 10 steps and went on with his business. The stuff works, it is not 100% but I have been using it now for 4 years and I would guess 95%-98% it works.