HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread
Old 10-05-2005, 05:53 PM
dab029

Default RE: Official Team Bag Em & Drag Em (29) Thread

well i went out this past weekend, got in the stand kinda late since i didn't get back in town from orlando till about 12: 30 in the morning. got in stand about 9 30 was only up there about 10 minutes when i heard a twig snap and see a good size doe coming in at about 50 yrds away. well i watched her and yearling feed for a few minutes and then the doe walked behind some trees and i didn't see her anymore. well the yearling came and bedded down about 40 yards out and so i assumed the doe was also bedded down there also. well after almost 1.5 hrs the yearling ran off and the doe got up and started walking back from where she came. i pulled out the fawn in destress call and brought her back in( came in running ) as she came in the field i drew and i think she might have heard me draw back and she spooked and ran behind some trees and stood there for about 5 minutes. she finally calmed down and started walking away. i saw where she was going and positioned myself for the shot judged where i thought she would be at 30 yards and as soon as she stepped in the lane i put my 30yrd pin on her back and let it fly. well dumb@@@ here misjudged the distance and was closer to 20 yards and it just barely sailed over her back. im glad i missed though( valuable lesson) and didn't just wound her

better luck friday though.....
good luck to you all