HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What does it mean when a doe grunts-stomps at you?
Old 10-03-2002, 10:58 AM
Starrman
Fork Horn

Default What does it mean when a doe grunts-stomps at you?

My first year hunting (year 2000)- in New Hampton(Hampton Hills) Southern MN , I was hunting from the ground next to a big stump. It was early in the morning right at day break. I had to pee so bad I thought I was going to die. At the same time I was freezing to death. It was about 10-20 degrees out. I started to pee in a big gatorade bottle and along came a big doe heading right for me along the deer path I was along. Me, seeing my first deer ever when hunting almost had a heart attack. With my pants down I moved over to my shotgun(Slug Zone) and started to aim. The Doe looked up dieectly at me close to 50 yds with nothing to hide behind. It just stood there and stared at me for 20 mins and at the same time it was grunting and stomping at me. I thought for sure it saw me, but I was so still after about 20 mins it started to feed again and put its head down. I was right in front her. Anyways, I had some thick brush in my way and thought I would take a chance at her. I missed her but I had some obstacles. Oh well. My question is: What was the doe doing? did she see me? or was she just suspicious that something was not right?

Ron Starr