HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - opinions on a hunting ethics issue???
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2002, 07:35 AM
eightwgt

Default RE: opinions on a hunting ethics issue???

titlest

I went through a VERY simular situation last year. Ill make this short...A friend of mine had permission to hunt a nice track of land in Illinois close to home from the landowner. So we went in to set up a stand he was hunting I was shooting film (we had a decoy) we get set up and hunt first night..... next day we return to same spot, get into stands... Now let me mention the tree we were in had a stand chained to it.... (we asked the landowner about it he said NO ONE had permission to be there at all - asked him this night before after we found it).... OK... so we are waitin on the local deer to arrive when we hear some noise... only to see this guy walking up[ to us and starts screamin to get out of 'his tree' we try to talk, but it gets a little heated..... anyway he tells us hes a police officer which pissed me off, we ask him if he has permission, and say we have WRITTEN permission and show it to him.... anyway we leave....
We learned who he was, reported him to wildlife officials, he was cited....

So - been there... I say STEP ON THE TOES.... If you tried to talk to him and he wants to be an azz, he doesnt deserve your concern for him.... I know we all want to 'protect' our little honey holes these days but as things get more crowded we have to learn to be sportsman and remember we are not the only ones in the woods - period.