HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - how mad would this make you?
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 05:28 AM
SothernMDhunter

Default RE: how mad would this make you?

How strange that you make this post. Yesterday evening I had the exact same thing happen to me. I decided to sit in my 3rd treestand which overlooks a bean field. At approx. 615pm I see several deer come out into the bean field and are slowly working towards me.

About 5 minutes later I hear what I believe to be 22 rifle shots. Approx. 5 minutes later the deer are about 150 yards from me and start running as fast as they can right towards me. Just as they hit the woods about 30 yards to my right I hear the faint sound of an engine. 30 seconds later here comes 2 guys on 4 wheelers going down the edge of the woods.

They drive right past my stand and never looked up and seen me. A little side note, last year we found 2 deer both shot in the head with what appeared to be a small calibur bullet ( 22 maybe). The man who owns the property told me 4 years ago he chased off 2 guys who got their kicks out of shooting deer in the head with a 22 and leaving them to rot.

Needless to say I talked to the landowner, Gamewarden and the cops. The landowner has made it known to the gamewarden and the cops that I am an authorized property manager. So what does that mean? That means the next time I see these guys on the propertyI have every right as an agent of the landowner to takethier guns, thier 4 wheelers and even thier car/truck if it is parked on any of the property.

I also had caught one of the the guys who drives the red 4 wheeler twice this year ( late summer, aug/sept time frame) driving through the woods. I gave him fair warning both times not to come back and both times hepromised not to return. Sooooooooo, now he's back and has a buddy with him.

I will catch these guys and hopefully will be Ebaying two nice 4 wheelers and maybe a gun or two.

I am so sick of these yahoo's and have had enough

EDIT: P.S Before anyone ask, yes the property is posted per maryland state guidelines.

Dave