HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - please help understand
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 12:57 PM
BobCo19-65
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: please help understand

For me hunting is a part of archery. I could honestly say that if I couldn't hunt, I still would be shooting arrows no questions asked. It is a part of me.

Becoming one with the woods, nature and god is what hunting is all about for me. It's a release with no distractions at all. The "sport" that is part of hunting stems from many areas including discipline, proficiency with the weapon, knowledge of game andland, skill as a hunter, and patience. In order to be asuccessfullhunter, you must be proficient in many areas. The actual kill is only part of the hunt, not even close to the whole thing, it is the ending and a test of allof a huntersskills.If was something that was not a challenge, then I don't believe that I would be hunting.

You mentioned not talking about the meat aspects. But it is an important aspect to me. Last year, I was able to harvest two deer. One to feed my family, and one I donated to a homeless shelter.

http://www.venisondonation.com/vdc/index.tpl

I don't really do much more then hunt with a bow. So I really can't comment on any other ways of hunting. I don't enjoy shooting a gun all that much, but still do gun hunt on occasion, usually to be with friends.