HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 09:20 AM
justhuntitall
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 1 Thread

Hey all

Well I had my first buck in bow range and it was tough not to shoot him he came in to a stand I hadon the edge of anunpicked corn field .I was realy looking to shoot a doe.

Its a tight stand the deer are on you before you know it so you have to be ready . All I seen was horns and there he was 15y away there were other deer out in the corn making alot of noise he juststood there studying the air and the noise .He never new I was there. He was an2&1/2 8 point out past his ears an inch on both sides tines were about 8-9" even on both sides brow tines about 4"I figuerd him at 125" to 130" class. He stood there for 2 minutes then turned and went back the way he came .

I knowI should of shot him well it was the first day and I hold to trying to shoot 140" deer there are a lot of bigger bucks in the area and we can only shoot 2 bucks a year here in all the seasons .So I passed I cant say here in 2 weeks I would pass him agian thoe.

Hope you all are well and are seeing deer.